Equipment & Uniforms
Updated Friday December 30, 2016 by PG Pride.
Equipment required for Girls league play:
- Stick: Girls/women’s sticks can be recognized as having shallower pockets than men’s sticks. Entry-level sticks can be obtained from local stores and online retailers (often as part of a kit with goggles and a stick bag). More advanced players can pay more attention to head and shaft styles, to consider such things as type of scoop (flat/curved: ease of scooping vs. accuracy), pocket depth and stringing (affects scooping, ball control and speed), and ball stop angle/height (ease of catching, ball control).
- Goggles/eyemask: required for eye protection. For girls wearing eye glasses, prescription goggles can be a greatly helpful though more costly alternative to wire eyemasks. Make sure that goggles/masks meet appropriate standards (ASTM F803) and are independently PECC certified. Also, be aware that goggles may fog up in cold weather. Goggle design, anti-fog sprays and coatings may help. US Lacrosse maintains a list of approved goggles/masks on its web-site.
- Properly fitted mouth guard: mouth guards are recommended for all sports activities. ‘Boil-and-bite’ mouthguards are the most common type of mouthguards. They must be fitted to your child’s mouth before use (see the instructions). Regularly check for integrity.
- Cleats: while not required, cleats will reduce the chance of slips and falls on grass. Players normally use soccer cleats.
Goalies wear protective equipment (helmet, throat protector, gloves, shoulder pads/body protector, padded shorts) and have a goalie stick with a larger net.
PG Pride girls play in reversible pinnies, which can be purchased at the beginning of the season. Players should wear black (dark) mesh shorts and black, yellow, or white socks.
Equipment required for Boys league play:
1) Black Helmet (typically Cascade brand)
2) Lax shoulder pads
3) Arm guards
5) Fitted Mouth Guard
As a club we have committed to outfit every kid, but if you are a 2nd year player or if you can afford to buy the gear please consider doing so it would be one less set the club would have to supply and it would really help the club move forward as it grows ---maybe at least consider buying a helmet. If gear is purchased through us we are able to offer discounted prices. If you choose to buy equipment elsewhere just make sure you purchase a black helmet.
ANYONE NEEDING EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE REGISTERED EARLY or AS SOON AS REGISTRATION OPENS, SO WE HAVE TIME TO ORDER AND ALL BORROWED EQUIPMENT IS 1ST COME FIRST SERVED.
Bruce Lancaster handles all equipment purchases. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org